This is an exciting position for a nursing professional in any stage of his/her career.
Southern Maine's most trusted and preferred source of non-medical companionship and home care, Home Instead Senior Care, is looking for a nurse to be our new
TRAINING COORDINATOR, working from our Kennebunk office.
The TRAINING COORDINATOR is an integral part of our home healthcare agency. Primary responsibilities focus on educating and training CAREGiversSM on subjects including personal care; body mechanics and safe patient handling; cognitive and neurological impairments including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's; and more. Home Instead Senior Care provides a wealth of award-winning training materials, and we are looking for an energetic and passionate self-starter to manage the curriculum. The successful candidate will have applicable patient care background and must be experienced and comfortable not just in training, but also in making assessments and visitations to prospective and existing clients.
We are a fast-paced office with high achievers, dedicated to changing and improving the lives of seniors throughout southern Maine. The Training Coordinator helps create an environment where each CAREGiver can meet his/her potential and be successful in helping clients reach their care goals.
The Training Coordinator reports to the General Manager.
- Teach CAREGivers hands-on and classroom-based curricula on topics that CAREGivers encounter when assisting older adults age-in-place in their homes;
- Implement CAREGiver and client safety measures company-wide, ensuring CAREGiver adoption;
- Coordinate in-service education for CAREGivers and extend training and educational opportunities to the general public;
- Meet prospective new clients, reviewing health and medical conditions, performing a needs assessment, and otherwise initiating the "onboarding" process;
- As needed, evaluate the health and medical changes in existing clients and ensure that CAREGivers are properly trained to meet those changed needs;
- Perform CAREGiver introductions to clients and provide one-on-one training and support to CAREGivers as needed;
- Actively work with the General Manager and human resources and staffing teams to suggest recruitment and retention strategies to respond to staffing needs and tactical and strategic company goals.
- Excellent common sense: the ability to intuitively understand the relationship between tactical actions and strategic importance;
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to use verbal, written, listening and retention skills to accomplish tasks and instruct others;
- Excellent problem solving skills: to effectively combine great communication skills with analysis, curiosity, creativity, and intuition;
- A strong customer service orientation, driven by an ability to empathize with our clients, their families, and our CAREGiver employees;
- Strong work ethic, combined with a desire to seek and accept responsibility, work independently and take initiative, but with the ability to work effectively in a team and seek and accept direction from management;
- Excellent attention to detail, thorough, and effective follow-through;
- A strong and confident character, demonstrating integrity through leadership and actions;
- An intuitive understanding of technology and ability to learn new software applications quickly;
- Community service orientation: a desire to volunteer at community functions that advance the health and well-being of our clients, their families, and CAREGivers.
Includes Vacation/Sick/Personal Time, Vision and Dental plan; Healthcare Stipend, Company-Matched 401(k) Plan, Employee Assistance Program
Your cover letter will be the opportunity to tell us more about your qualifications and your interest in the position and our company. Please e-mail a letter, including salary requirements, and attach a resume to:
Ann Vigeant, General Manager and Howard L. Schultz, President and Owner, email@example.com No telephone calls please. We will send you an email confirming receipt of your application.
Key words: home care, elder care, senior care, homecare, eldercare, seniors, caregiving, nurse, nursing, trainer, training, safety management, home healthcare, nurse, RN, LPN, R.N., L.P.N., elderly
|Title:||Training Coordinator (Nurse Preferred)|
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at PO Box 551, Kennebunk, ME 04043. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 207-985-8550. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 919-508-6147 for technical assistance.